Roasted Garlic, Pumpkin & Leek Soup
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 head garlic
- 2 stalks leek
- 2 cups chicken broth (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Roast garlic cloves drizzled with olive oil on a baking pan for about 35 minutes.
- Discard the dark green part of the leek. Cut the stalks lengthwise. Rinse under water to remove any dirt. Roughly chop.
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat. Add a bit of olive oil and chopped leek. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until soft and starting to colour.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add pumpkin purée and roasted garlic. Stir for about 30 seconds and add 1 cup chicken broth. Using an immersion blender, mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the rest of the broth and the milk until you like the consistency.
- Season with cayenne pepper and salt.